Roost #44 Poop
· From the Prez –
ROOST 44 QUILT RAFFLE
If you haven't already purchased raffle tickets for the beautiful handmade Roost quilt that Martha Worthington made, please contact Donna Chaplinski 410-627-7697 or myself at 410-598-4597 as soon as possible. The tickets are only $5.00 and only 300 will be sold. This is the one fund raising effort for the Roost in 2018. We could use more volunteers to help sell the tickets ASAP!
Bob Monroe was selected as Chairman of the Nominating Committee at the November Roost meeting. In accordance with the By Laws, Bob will select two members to comprise the Nominating Committee. A proposed slate of officers and Board members will be presented at the December 13 Roost meeting. Nominations can also be made from the floor at the meeting. The following positions are vacant:
Chairman of the Board - 3 year term
Board Member - 3 year term
Board Member - 2 year term
Board Member - 2 year term
If you are interested in running for any of these positions, please contact Bob at 410-446-7422 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. We would really like some newer members to step up and provide leadership for the Roost. Nominations will be closed at the December meeting and the election will be held at the Roost Meeting on January 10, 2019.
As you probably know, after many years of leading our Scholarship Committee that provides thousands of dollars each year through our Golf Tournament, Marc Grimes is stepping down. Along with Marc, there are several other members who have worked for years to make this such a successful program. Many of them are also stepping down after volunteering more than their share of time and effort. Along with the Penguin Swim, the Scholarship Committee is one of the two major charitable programs that the Roost conducts each year.
In 2019, we will continue this Tournament. We are looking for volunteers and "new blood" to join the Committee. It's an excellent way to get involved with the Roost. Don McMullen and I will cochair the committee. We already have some volunteers - Steve Szlasa, Gary Miller, Mike Eder, Pat Ladner and Fritz Ladner. I've talked with Marc and we will hold a Transition Meeting in January to get his input and expertise in planning next year's Tournament. Stay tuned and think about volunteering yourself.
· Dates to Remember:
o 12/7 – Roost Christmas Party
o 12/13 – Monthly Roost Meeting
· Membership: Thank you everyone for paying your yearly dues. I am still accepting dues. Susan Berterman, 32612 Falling Point Road, Dagsboro Delaware 19939.
· Ticket Exchange:
o I would like to sell the following games. Bucks vs Ravens December 16 and Browns vs Ravens December 30. There are two seats Section 101, Row 32 seats 20 and 21. Visitors side the sunny side. Asking for face value for the tickets. Must buy both. Please call Marius Ambrose at 302-947-4168.
o I have 2 tickets for sale for the Ravens vs Buccaneers game on Sun. 12/16 @ 1pm. Seats are in Sec. 103, Row 32, seats 10 & 11. Face value of $146/each. Let me know if you are interested. Gary Miller
o Matt Herrmann has tickets for sale to all remaining games. 2 tickets section 519 row 17 $75 each; 4 tickets section 527 row 15 $125 each.
· Penguin Swim: Thanks to the Roost members that attended the Guest Bar-tending Fundraiser on Friday 11/2 at the Ocean Pines Yacht Club. Good music, great food, and the place was packed!. The OC RR44 Penguin Swim Team raised just over $980 and everyone who attended had a great time. Hope to see more of you at our last fundraising event of the year, the Shrimp Boat Charity Weekend on Friday 11/30 & Sat. 12/1. A flyer with details is attached.
We are still collecting items for the Annual Raffle basket of cheer. We will be collecting bottles of wine, liquor, & beer at this week’s meeting and will have raffle tickets for sale.
· Scholarship: The winning ticket was drawn Saturday in Charlotte NC. The winner is a Mr. Harry Smith of Ocean City MD. Ticket was sold by Marian. I want to thank everyone who participated in the Raffle. We sold $1,930 in tickets. Our cost (prizes) was $670 which results in $1,260 that goes into the scholarship account.
o Tickets for quilt still available. See Donna at the meeting.
o Entertainment Schedule 2018:
§ December 7 – Christmas Party at Big Easy from 6:30 - 9:30. Print out the attached selection form and bring it to the meeting on Nov 8th. A few blank forms may be available at the sign in table. Party guests not able to attend the meeting please mail them to Donna as directed on the form. If time is too short for that, please call Ron Apperson at 302-436-4790 to provide the selections and make arrangements for payment. Note: 49 people signed up and only 36 have completed the forms. Signing up is still open.
§ Potential Activities Under Discussion
· Bus Trip to Canton
· Duckaneer Cruise
· Pub Crawl Kent Island
· Good daily dose of Ravens news notes and nuggets here. It’s getting to the point where I can hardly stand ESPN, but I do go Jamison Hensley’s Blog here to stay up to date with all of the AFC North news.
· All the best Orioles news notes and nuggets at Britt's Bird Watch here.
· Tonight - The Original Greene Turtle is very excited to be hosting our 18th Annual Ravens Rap Show! The show is taped every Wednesday from 6 - 8pm and will air each Sunday at noon on WGMD 92.7FM the Talk of Delmarva and on WMDT - TV47.
Each week we will be welcoming local sports authorities including: Mike Bradley our weekly host, Tony Lombardi from the Russell Street Report and Ravens 24/7, former Baltimore Colt Bruce Laird, John Gherig from ExploreOC, Bobby Vermillion from Resort Video Guide plus many more...
This year's sponsors will include: Toyota, GEICO, JC Tickets, Ocean City Golf Getaway, Ocean City Golf Club, Russell Street Report and Ravens 24/7, Explore OC, Holiday Inn Express, the Comfort Inn at the Gold Coast Mall, the Resort Video Guide and this year we are very excited to welcome MILLER LIGHT to the Ravens Roost family!!
Our drink specials will be $3.00 MILLER LIGHT BOTTLES and $2.50 MILLER LIGHT DRAFTS and of course Ravens Roost members receive 20% off of regular prices (not including drink specials or Happy Hour Prices)!!!
· Tomorrow thru New Years - - Northside Park - Northside Park, 125th Street & the Bay. Admission is $5.00 for those 12 years & older, and FREE for those 11 years and younger.
For over twenty-five years, Winterfest of Lights has delighted families with its holiday light displays, music and attractions.
Take a ride through 58-acres of animated displays on the Winterfest Express. Board the train and enjoy the synchronized holiday music as you glide past spectacular lighted displays, including the Twelve Days of Christmas and other favorite holiday themes.
Visit the heated Winterfest pavilion, buy a cup of hot chocolate at the OC Recreation Boosters Café, and browse the Gift Shop for that special stocking stuffer or gift. Santa and Mrs. Claus are available for photos every night until December 23. On New Year’s Eve, ring in the New Year with entertainment, giveaways and fireworks at midnight. Be sure to visit Winterfest of Lights at Northside Park for that lasting holiday memory!
Hours: Sunday to Thursday 5:30PM to 9:30PM; Friday & Saturday 5:30PM to 10:30PM
· Saturday - , Eagle's Landing Golf Course. The cold weather is approaching! Enjoy the final remaining days of warm weather and participate in the Turkey Trot Golf Open. 9:30AM-3:30PM. $60 Admission. This event entails a 4-person modified scramble featuring a golf tournament and turkey feast. For information, please call Eagle's Landing Golf Course at 410-213-7277 or visit .
· Saturday - - Fun For The Whole Family, Boardwalk from South 1st to South 2nd Street. The Festival will feature holiday shopping, kids’ crafts, games and prizes, drawings, horse and carriage rides, live music and local choir performers. Food, hot chocolate and adult beverages will be available as well. Admission is free! The Inlet Village will become Santa’s Village, festively decorated and with many of the shops open. Of course, Santa will be there too! At dusk, as the lights come on, see how attractive a holiday stroll down the Boardwalk will be as we continue to Light Up Downtown. There is a nominal charge for games and rides. Profits from the festival will be used toward the purchase of light displays in Downtown Ocean City.
· The Queen of England was visiting one of Canada's top hospitals, and during her tour of the floors she passed a room where a male patient was masturbating. "Oh my God", said the Queen, "that's disgraceful, what is the meaning of this?"
The doctor replied, "That man has a very serious condition where the testicles rapidly fill with semen. If he doesn't do that 5 times a day, they'll explode, and he would die instantly."
"Oh, I am sorry", said the Queen. On the next floor they passed a room where a young nurse was giving a patient oral sex. "Oh my God", said the Queen, "What's happening in there?"
The Doctor replied, "Same problem, better health plan."
· Got poop? Let me know! I’m going to try to get this out every Wednesday so if you get it to me by Tuesday I’ll try to include it. Your input is appreciated.
· Our website is up and running. Be sure to bookmark our address - www.OCRavensRoost44.com or go to our blog @ http://ravensroost44.blogspot.com/ for the latest news, notes and nuggets.
· Life is short. Focus on the good.