Roost #44 Poop
· From the Prez –
At the next Roost meeting, a Nomination Committee will be formed and candidates for all open officers and Board positions will be assembled. At the December Roost meeting, the Membership will vote on all positions. At the January 2019 meeting, the results of the election will be announced. The new officers and Board will be sworn in at the February 2019 Roost meeting. Step up! We need candidates for all positions! Please call me for any questions or more information on the election - 410-598-4597.
Don't forget to bring your checks to the November Roost meeting for the Christmas Dinner. We have a great menu and entertainment scheduled. Contact Ron Apperson for more information ASAP 302-436-4790. Don't forget to buy tickets at the November Roost meeting for the special Roost #44 Quilt that will be raffled off at the Christmas Dinner.
Plastic bags will be collected at every Roost meeting. These bags are used by Diakonia (the local Food Bank and Homeless Shelter) to distribute food contributions to the needy. My white Ford pick up truck will be parked out front of OC 360. Just drop your plastic bags (tied up tightly) in the bed of the truck.
· Dates to Remember:
o Tomorrow – Monthly Roost meeting @ OC360. Deadline Date for completed Christmas Party Selection form submission and payment by cash or check. See Donna or Ron.
o 12/7 – Roost Christmas Party
· Membership: Thank you everyone for paying your yearly dues. I am still accepting dues. Susan Berterman, 32612 Falling Point Road, Dagsboro Delaware 19939.
· Ticket Exchange:
o I would like to sell the following games. Bucks vs Ravens December 16 and Browns vs Ravens December 30. There are two seats Section 101, Row 32 seats 20 and 21. Visitors side the sunny side. Asking for face value for the tickets. Must buy both. Please call Marius Ambrose at 302-947-4168.
o I have 2 tickets for sale for the Ravens vs Buccaneers game on Sun. 12/16 @ 1pm. Seats are in Sec. 103, Row 32, seats 10 & 11. Face value of $146/each. Let me know if you are interested. Gary Miller
o Matt Herrmann has tickets for sale to all remaining games. 2 tickets section 519 row 17 $75 each; 4 tickets section 527 row 15 $125 each.
· Penguin Swim: Thanks to the Roost members that attended the Guest Bar-tending Fundraiser on Friday 11/2 at the Ocean Pines Yacht Club. Good music, great food, and the place was packed!. The OC RR44 Penguin Swim Team raised just over $980 and everyone who attended had a great time. Hope to see more of you at our last fundraising event of the year, the Shrimp Boat Charity Weekend on Friday 11/30 & Sat. 12/1. A flyer with details is attached.
We are still collecting items for the Annual Raffle basket of cheer. We will be collecting bottles of wine, liquor, & beer at this week’s meeting and will have raffle tickets for sale.
· Scholarship: The winning ticket was drawn Saturday in Charlotte NC. The winner is a Mr. Harry Smith of Ocean City MD. Ticket was sold by Marian. I want to thank everyone who participated in the Raffle. We sold $1,930 in tickets. Our cost (prizes) was $670 which results in $1,260 that goes into the scholarship account.
o Tickets for quilt still available. See Donna at the meeting.
o Entertainment Schedule 2018:
§ December 7 – Christmas Party at Big Easy from 6:30 - 9:30. Print out the attached selection form and bring it to the meeting on Nov 8th. A few blank forms may be available at the sign in table. Party guests not able to attend the meeting please mail them to Donna as directed on the form. If time is too short for that, please call Ron Apperson at 302-436-4790 to provide the selections and make arrangements for payment. Note: 49 people signed up and only 36 have completed the forms. Signing up is still open.
§ Potential Activities Under Discussion
· Bus Trip to Canton
· Duckaneer Cruise
· Pub Crawl Kent Island
· Good daily dose of Ravens news notes and nuggets here. It’s getting to the point where I can hardly stand ESPN, but I do go Jamison Hensley’s Blog here to stay up to date with all of the AFC North news.
· All the best Orioles news notes and nuggets at Britt's Bird Watch here.
· Tonight - The Original Greene Turtle is very excited to be hosting our 18th Annual Ravens Rap Show! The show is taped every Wednesday from 6 - 8pm and will air each Sunday at noon on WGMD 92.7FM the Talk of Delmarva and on WMDT - TV47.
Each week we will be welcoming local sports authorities including: Mike Bradley our weekly host, Tony Lombardi from the Russell Street Report and Ravens 24/7, former Baltimore Colt Bruce Laird, John Gherig from ExploreOC, Bobby Vermillion from Resort Video Guide plus many more...
This year's sponsors will include: Toyota, GEICO, JC Tickets, Ocean City Golf Getaway, Ocean City Golf Club, Russell Street Report and Ravens 24/7, Explore OC, Holiday Inn Express, the Comfort Inn at the Gold Coast Mall, the Resort Video Guide and this year we are very excited to welcome MILLER LIGHT to the Ravens Roost family!!
Our drink specials will be $3.00 MILLER LIGHT BOTTLES and $2.50 MILLER LIGHT DRAFTS and of course Ravens Roost members receive 20% off of regular prices (not including drink specials or Happy Hour Prices)!!!
· Friday - WCHS Paws and Whiskers Fundraiser Dinner, Mad Fish Bar & Grill. The 38th annual fundraiser Dinner to benefit the Worcester County Humane Society will include dinner at Mad Fish Bar & Grill, music and dancing throughout the event and silent and Chinese auctions. Tickets: $60 per person includes appetizers, dinner, dessert, beverage, taxes, and gratuity. $24 per person goes directly to benefit our NO KILL animal shelter. 6:30 pm: Appetizer and Cocktails (cash bar); 7:30 pm: Dinner.
· Maria, a maid, asks her boss for a raise. Her boss is annoyed and asks, "Now, Maria, why do you think you deserve a raise?"
Maria: 'Well, Señora, there are three reasons why I want a raise. First, I iron better than you.'
Wife: 'Who said you iron better than me?'
Maria: 'Your husband said so.'
Maria: 'The second reason is that I am a better cook than you.'
Wife: 'Nonsense, who said you were a better cook than me?'
Maria: 'Your husband did.'
Maria: 'My third reason is that I am a better lover than you.'
The wife is obviously upset: 'Did my husband say that?'
Maria: 'No, Señora, the gardener did.'
Wife: 'So, how much do you want?'
· Got poop? Let me know! I’m going to try to get this out every Wednesday so if you get it to me by Tuesday I’ll try to include it. Your input is appreciated.
· Our website is up and running. Be sure to bookmark our address - www.OCRavensRoost44.com or go to our blog @ http://ravensroost44.blogspot.com/ for the latest news, notes and nuggets.
· Life is short. Focus on the good.