Roost #44 Poop
· From the Prez –
Next Roost meeting February 13th at American Legion Hall located between 23 @ 24 Streets. You MUST enter at the side entrance on 24th St. side. The front entrance is for American Legion members only. The new officers and Board member will be sworn in at the meeting. Details on the St. Paddy’s Day Parade on March 14th will be discussed too.
· Dates to Remember:
o 2/13/2020 – Monthly Roost Meeting
o 3/12/2020 – Monthly Roost Meeting
o 3/14/2020 – St. Paddy’s Day Parade
o 4/8/2020 – Entertainment Committee Meeting
o 4/9/2020 – Monthly Roost Meeting
o 5/14/2020 – Monthly Roost Meeting
o 5/28-5/31/2020 – Council Convention
o 5/29/2020 – Scholarship Golf Tournament
o 5/30/2020 – Convention Parade
o 6/11/2020 – Monthly Roost Meeting
o 7/9/2020 – Monthly Roost Meeting
o 8/13/2020 – Monthly Roost Meeting
o 10/31/2020 – Bull/Oyster Roast
o 12/12/2020 – Christmas Party
· Membership: I am now accepting 2020 dues. Still $30 - Cheap! - Please pay at the meeting or mail your dues to: Susan Berterman, 12290 Dixie Drive, Bishopville, MD, 21813
· Wellness: Please call Marian Cicero @ 410.250.2501 or 443.880.0862 if you know of a Roost member in need of a message of encouragement or a sympathy card for a family member. Please, no texts or emails.
· House: The February and March Meeting will be held @ the Ocean City American Legion, 2308 Philadelphia Ave, Ocean City, MD 21842. Please enter from the 24th street side of the building.
Apparel: The on-line store is once again open, now until January 31, 2020 with delivery in February. https://ravensroost44.itemorder.com/sale
· Parade: 41st Annual St. Patrick’s Day Parade, Saturday March 14, 2020, Ocean City, Maryland. St. Patrick's Day Parade begins at 60th Street and Parades South to the 45th Street Judging Stand and into the parking lot where the Irish Festival takes place. Starting Promptly at 12 Noon. All are welcome to march, please see sign-up sheet at the next meeting. As usual, we meet in the Beach Copy (59th Street) parking lot around 10am for a little pre-parade tailgating. Reminder, no parking is available at Beach Copy. After the parade, marchers are welcome back to upstairs at the Original Greene Turtle for continued festivities. The Roost provides some food for all registered marchers, you buy your drinks.
o Entertainment meeting will resume 4/8 since some of committee will be away. Christmas party booked for 12/12 from 6 to 10. Upcoming are Duckaneer Pirate ship mid-August, trip to Tangier Island, hopefully away trip to Houston, depending on date, pub crawl on Kent Island in May, crab feast in October and a bull/oyster roast/Halloween party on 10/31, Capitols game in fall. We'll keep all posted on dates. Carol Monroe will discuss at next meeting. Thanks, and have a good winter.
o Entertainment Schedule 2020:
§ 10/31 – Bull/Oyster Roast
§ 12/12 – Christmas Party
· Good daily dose of Ravens news notes and nuggets here. It’s getting to the point where I can hardly stand ESPN, but you can go here to stay up to date with all of the AFC North news.
· Out and about and can’t watch the game? You can listen to the Ravens on the radio! (I know, right?) Go here: https://www.baltimoreravens.com/game-day/coverage for the list of affiliates.
· Follow all the Orioles news on MASN here from columnist Roch Kubatko.
· I forgot my cell phone when I went to the toilet yesterday. We have 245 tiles.
· An elderly man was on the operating table, about to be operated on by his son, a famous surgeon. Just before they put him under, he asked to speak to his son. “Don’t be nervous, boy, just do your best and just remember, if it doesn’t go well, if something happens to me…your mother is going to come and live with you and your family.”
· Got Poop? Let me know! I’m going to try to get this out every Wednesday so if you get it to me by Tuesday, I’ll try to include it. Your input is appreciated.
· Our website is up and running. Be sure to bookmark our address - www.OCRavensRoost44.com or go to our blog @ http://ravensroost44.blogspot.com/ for the latest news, notes and nuggets.
· Life is short. Focus on the good.