Roost #44 Poop
- Dates to Remember:
- Friday – WCS Meeting @ …
- Members please bring plastic or paper shopping bags to the monthly Roost bags will be taken to Diakonia by Eric for use in distributing food donations to the community.
- Dues are past due. Again, it's $30 per member; please make checks out to Ravens Roost # membership cards are white this year, hoping to make them easier to read when you wear them to every meeting. Hopefully, you still have the plastic holder from last year to use again this your dues to me at: 126 Pine Tree Rd., Ocean City, MD 21842. Thanks,
- From Mary Kendall: I have decided to participate in the Relay for Life this year in Havre de Grace, Maryland with my are doing this in honor and memory of my Sister Patty who passed away from breast cancer and this particular Relay for life is on the anniversary of her Relay for Life page for donations is listed thanks in advance if you decide to contribute, I do really appreciate link: http://main.acsevents.org/site/TR?fr_id=70898&pg=personal&px=6581333
Many Thanks, Mary Kendall.
- Entertainment Committee:
All members are welcome to join the committee! We need more participation from all members. Next Entertainment Committee meeting March 9, 6 pm @ the Original Greene Turtle.
2016 Roost Entertainment Activities
- March Madness Party - Date to be determined
- Harrington Spring Bus Trip - April 8:
- $20 per person - covers bus, $15 slot play and $7 towards buffet
- Balance of the buffet $6 cash or comp
- Pick up @ Montego Bay 8:30 am; Rose's on Rt.113 9 am.
- Leave Harrington 3 pm.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone 302.236.9617
- Boardwalk Bike/Walk 2nd Saturday of every month starting May 14. Meet at 27th St.
- Council of Roosts Parade - June 4
- Summer Picnic - July 9, White Horse Park, Ocean Pines
- Shorebirds Game. Tentative date 7/21/16 (Thursday night). From Ron:
- Shorebirds game w/ Hardball Cafe Buffet:
- UPDATE: As of 3/1/16 we have 35 people (33 members + 2 guests) signed up for the Shorebirds event on Thursday 7/21/16.
- The Hardball Cafe & buffet has been booked for us & a deposit has been charged. It would be good if even more people sign up so have a nice cushion for possible cancellations (the minimum group size is 30 with realistically no maximum).
- Right now, we need some more people to pay the $27pp cost so we can fulfill our deposit debt. A check made out to Ron Apperson can be sent to him at 37899 Swann Drive, Selbyville, De. 19975 or brought to the next meeting on 3/10/16.
- Important dates:
- 5/12/16 meeting - all money due for signed up people.
- 6/09/16 meeting - final for signing up, so ticket balance can be paid.
- 6/10/16 - balance paid & tickets ordered for later receiving
- 7/14/16 meeting - tickets to be distributed at meeting
- Note: "Stragglers" can be added to our group on 7/15/16 but those tickets will have to be ordered & paid for at the Will Call window by those people.
- Dover Air Force Base and Dogfish Brewery Tours - October 15 tentative
- Bull and Oyster Roast - Date to be determined in October
- Christmas Party - December 10
Other Proposed Activities Under Discussion
- Day trip to Chincoteague or Onancock
- Pub Crawl at Kent Narrows
- All the best Orioles news notes and nuggets at Britt's Bird Watch here.
- Saturday - Rimel's Spaghetti dinner for Camp Possibilities (a camp for kids with diabetes) at St. Peter’s Lutheran Church Community Life Center at 10301 Coastal Highway, Ocean City, MD 21842. This is a dinner for a camp we have supported and many have attended this wonderful and fun dinner. This year, in addition to the ticket drop with nearly 100 different prize baskets and dinner coupons, they are adding a live auction with overnight stays, a handyman's dream tool package and much more. I have seen some of the baskets and I can't wait to get my tickets for the ticket drop. Last year I won a fantastic massage, mani/pedi package and the year before I won a Ravens basket. They will have a Ravens basket again this year. The Cost is: $10.00 for Adults - $5.00 for children 12 & under and I have advance tickets. Let me know if you would like tickets!! Checks can be made payable to Spaghetti for Possiblities. Thank you, Tonja Sas, 410-250-1046, email@example.com.
- Saturday –Ravens Roost 96 Bull & Oyster Roast, Hooters West OC.
- A married man keeps telling his wife, "Honey, you have such a beautiful butt". Every person in the town agrees that she does have a very beautiful butt.
The man's birthday is coming up so she decides to take a trip to the tattoo parlor and get the words "Beautiful butt" tattooed on her ass. She walks in and tells the tattoo artist he husband thinks she has a beautiful butt.
He looks and says, "You do have a beautiful butt."
She then tells the man she wants 'Beautiful butt' tattooed on her ass.
The man tells her, "I can't fit that on your ass, it takes up too much space. But I tell you what, I will tattoo the letter B on each cheek and that can stand for beautiful butt."
She agrees and gets it done.
On the man's birthday she hears him come home and is only wearing a robe. She then stands at the top of the stairs. He opens the door and she says, "Look honey." She then takes off the robe she is wearing, and bends over.
The man yells, "WHO THE HECK IS BOB?"
- Got poop? Let me know! I’m going to try to get this out every Wednesday so if you get it to me by Tuesday I’ll try to include it. Your input is appreciated.
- Life is short. Focus on the good.
- COMING SOON – POOP MUSIC!
Baltimore Ravens, let’s go
And put that ball across the line
So fly with talons spread wide
Go in and strike with Ravens pride
Fight! Fight! Fight!
Ravens dark wings take flight
Dive in and show them your might
For Baltimore and Maryland
You will fly on to victory