Roost #44 Poop· Dates to Remember:o Tomorrow – Sweet 16 Party! Terps/Kansas! 9:40 pm @ the Original Greene Turtle!
o Friday – WCS Meeting @ …· Members please bring plastic or paper shopping bags to the monthly Roost meetings. The bags will be taken to Diakonia by Eric for use in distributing food donations to the community.· Dues are past due. Again, it's $30 per member; please make checks out to Ravens Roost #44. Our membership cards are white this year, hoping to make them easier to read when you wear them to every meeting. Hopefully, you still have the plastic holder from last year to use again this year. Mail your dues to me at: 126 Pine Tree Rd., Ocean City, MD 21842. Thanks, Jo Ann.· From Mary Kendall: I have decided to participate in the Relay for Life this year in Havre de Grace, Maryland with my sisters. We are doing this in honor and memory of my Sister Patty who passed away from breast cancer and this particular Relay for life is on the anniversary of her death. My Relay for Life page for donations is listed below. And thanks in advance if you decide to contribute, I do really appreciate it. My link: http://main.acsevents.org/site/TR?fr_id=70898&pg=personal&px=6581333Many Thanks, Mary Kendall.· Scholarship Raffle - Annual raffle for 2016 is a 50/50. $10 per ticket. 3 for $25. The winner’s share is now $750 and counting. Raffle tickets can be obtained while supplies last, at upcoming meetings or by contacting Marc Grimes. Drawing date 6/4/16.
· Convention: The Annual Convention of the Council of Baltimore Ravens Roosts will be held from Thursday, June 2 - Sunday, June 5, 2016, at the Castle in the Sand. The cost is $60 for each attendee. Children between the ages of 6-20 may also be registered for $25 each (I'll explain that to anyone who may want to bring a child.) The theme this year is Purple Pride, Mark of the Ravens. By registering for the Convention, you are entitled to a Welcome Social on Thursday evening, with beer and soda provided. There is an open-mic karaoke--no prizes--for anyone who would like to sing. On Friday, there will also be beer and soda and a tailgate party catered by Beefalo Bob's Catering. Saturday, food, beer and soda, lots of contests and the awarding of prizes.
Some of the contests held in the past were a Karoake contest, Scavenger Hunt, a Miniature Golf Tournament, Bingo, Horseshoes, Corn Holes, Crazy Hats, and Volleyball. The Dunk Tank operates on Friday afternoon and Saturday. Please think about registering for some of the events to have fun and represent our Roost. I will have sign-up sheets for those events at the April meeting. Of course, the parade will be held on Saturday morning at 10 AM beginning at Johnny Unitas Way (19th St.). See Mary Kendall to sign up or for more info. We're going to win a prize this year--I just know it! Shirts may also be ordered:o T-shirts--ash, purple and white, $11.00 for s, m, l, xl. Add $1 per next size up.
o Ladies V-neck T-shirt--heather grey, lavender and white. $13 for s, m. l, xl. Add $2 per next size up.
o Mens Tank tops--ash purple and white. $11/00 for s, m, l, and xl. Add $2 per next size up.
o Ladies Tanks--heather grey, lavender, and white. $13 for s. m. l. xl. Add $2 per next size up.
o Hoodies--ash or purple. $22.00 for s. m. l, and xl. $24 for 2X, $25 for 3X, $27 for 4X and $28 for 5X.
So, I need checks made out to Ravens Roost #44 for the Convention ($60 each), and checks made out for the shirts--prices are listed above. All of our stuff needs to be sent to the Council by their April 15th meeting. It really is a fun time and the more members we have, the more fun it will be. If anyone has any questions, please feel free to call me at 410-2505124 (home) or 410-251-4360, or email be at email@example.com. Thanks, Jo Ann.· Ticket Exchange:
o Season tickets for sale: 4 seats Section 506 Row 10 Seat 1-4, $3080. Please contact Geof Storm at 443-241-4858 or Kathi Storm at 410-596-0810.
· Road Trip: I need to get a feeling for the members thoughts on this year’s Road Trip. As of right now, the best option (depending on dates of course) seems to be Jacksonville. I have gotten information on the Cowboys, and they do not offer group tickets, so the only way to get enough tickets is to rent a sky box, and that will cost $1,000 per person. I am still looking into doing an overnight trip to see one of the NY teams, but I do not have details yet. So again, the best option for a longer weekend trip will probably be Jacksonville. Please take a look at the 2 options for that game that are listed below:
Options for RR44 Road Trip to Jacksonville Jaguars.o This is only one of the destinations I am looking at but want to get some feed back. Both of the following options is dealing with seats at the game ONLY. Hotel and other info will be coming later.
§ 1) Group seats on visitors side for the game. 2015 prices were; Upper level $40-$50, Mid level $60-$75 and lower level from corner to mid field $75-$115. 2016 prices will probably be a little higher. In addition to game ticket we will have to add in for transportation, Trip shirt, and happy hour/tail gate. The Tail gate/HH and trip shirt will probably be similar to last year and be in the $35-$40 range. Transportation will be investigated once we get closer to making a decision.
§ 2) Rent a “Terrace Cabana” which includes comfortable seating on the second level terrace in a private area, various tailgate style food brought to the Cabana each of the first 3 quarters, beer, soda and water. We would probably need 2 Cabanas to accommodate our group and they would be next to each other. The Cabanaʼs hold up to 20 people each and cost $3500 each or $175/pp.
I think the Terrace Cabana sounds like a good deal when you compare the cost of basic group tickets and add in the cost of your beer, soda and food, but I need to hear what the group thinks. The few responses I have received lean toward the Cabana, but I don’t want to make a decision based on 4 or 5 people. Please let me know in the next week if you are thinking of going on the trip and which option you would prefer. Thanks, Gary, 443-618-9972.
· Entertainment Committee:All members are welcome to join the committee! We need more participation from all members. Next Entertainment Committee meeting March 9, 6 pm @ the Original Greene Turtle.2016 Roost Entertainment Activitieso March Madness Party – Thursday, March 24, 9:40 pm @ The Original Greene Turtleo Harrington Spring Bus Trip - April 8:
§ $20 per person - covers bus, $15 slot play and $7 towards buffet
§ Balance of the buffet $6 cash or comp
§ Pick up @ Montego Bay 8:30 am; Rose's on Rt.113 9 am.
§ Leave Harrington 3 pm.
§ Email firstname.lastname@example.org§ Phone 302.236.9617
o Entertainment Committee Meeting, April 13, 6pm @ The Original Greene Turtle.
o Boardwalk Bike/Walk 2nd Saturday of every month starting May 14. Meet at 27th St.o Annual Council of Ravens Roosts Convention, June 2-5. See Jo Ann Elder.
o Council of Roosts Parade - June 4. We need more marchers. See Mary Kendall.o Summer Picnic - July 9, White Horse Park, Ocean Pineso Shorebirds Game. Tentative date 7/21/16 (Thursday night). From Ron:§ Shorebirds game w/ Hardball Cafe Buffet:§ UPDATE: As of 3/1/16 we have 35 people (33 members + 2 guests) signed up for the Shorebirds event on Thursday 7/21/16.
§ The Hardball Cafe & buffet has been booked for us & a deposit has been charged. It would be good if even more people sign up so have a nice cushion for possible cancellations (the minimum group size is 30 with realistically no maximum).
§ Right now, we need some more people to pay the $27pp cost so we can fulfill our deposit debt. A check made out to Ron Apperson can be sent to him at 37899 Swann Drive, Selbyville, De. 19975 or brought to the next meeting on 3/10/16.
§ Important dates:§ 5/12/16 meeting - all money due for signed up people.
§ 6/09/16 meeting - final for signing up, so ticket balance can be paid.
§ 6/10/16 - balance paid & tickets ordered for later receiving
§ 7/14/16 meeting - tickets to be distributed at meeting
§ Note: "Stragglers" can be added to our group on 7/15/16 but those tickets will have to be ordered & paid for at the Will Call window by those people.
o Crab Feast – (Tentative) October 1
o Dover Air Force Base and Dogfish Brewery Tours - October 15 tentativeo Bull and Oyster Roast – (Tentative) November 5o Canned Food Drive – Bring canned goods to Roost Meeting November 10.o Christmas Party - December 10o Last Game of the Year Party - TBDOther Proposed Activities Under Discussiono Day trip to Chincoteague or Onancocko Pub Crawl at Kent Narrows Ravens Poop
- Good daily dose of Ravens news notes and nuggets here. It’s getting to the point where I can hardly stand ESPN, but I do go Jamison Hensley’s Blog here to stay up to date with all of the AFC North news.
- All the best Orioles news notes and nuggets at Britt's Bird Watch here.
- Friday & Saturday - Easter Art and Craft Fair and Kids' Fun Fair, Something for Adults and Kids, Roland E. Powell Convention Center. Art & Craft Show: Exhibitors displaying unique handcrafted items including wearable art, jewelry, lawn & garden decor, toys, florals, fine art, caricatures, and more. Easter Kids' Fun Fair: Continuous activities, games, contests, and entertainment, including Beany the Easter Bunny, Easter egg hunts, magic, juggling, puppet shows, and more. Admission for both shows: Adults $4, Seniors & Students $3, 3 years and under, Military, Police, Fire FREE. EVERY paid adult admission to the Easter Kids Fun Fair and Art & Craft Show will receive a $3.00 Discount Coupon towards a ticket to the Bill Haley Jr. & The Comets performance.
- Saturday - Bill Haley Jr. & The Comets, Ocean City Performing Arts Center. Live in Concert is Bill Haley Jr. & The Comets. Bill Haley Jr. & The Comets well known for Classic Rock hits such as "Rock Around The Clock", "Shake, Rattle & Roll", and "Rock This Joint". Doors open at 7pm; Concert begins at 7:30pm. Tickets may be purchased in the Visitors Center at the Ocean City Convention Center on 40th Street or thru Ticketmaster.com.
The teacher then announced, "Ladies, exercise is good for you. Walking is especially beneficial. And, gentlemen, it wouldn't hurt you to take the time to go walking with your partner!"The room really got quiet. Finally, a man in the middle of the group raised his hand."Yes?" replied the teacher."Is it alright if she carries a golf bag while we walk?"· A lawyer was standing in a long line to get tickets for a play. Suddenly, he felt the hands of the man behind him, kneading into his back. He turned and gave the man a stern look, and the kneading stopped. But a few minutes later, he again felt the man's hands on his back.
"Excuse me," the lawyer asked, "But why are you touching my back?""I'm a chiropractor," the man replied, "and I sometimes I can't keep myself from practicing my skills.""Get control of yourself," the lawyer shot back. "I'm an attorney, and you don't see me screwing the guy in front of me, do you?"· MAN TO PSYCHIATRIST: "You have to help me, Doctor. I'm starting to believe I'm a woman."
PSYCHIATRIST "Why do you think that?"MAN: "It was something my gynecologist said to me the other day." Etcetera· Got poop? Let me know! I’m going to try to get this out every Wednesday so if you get it to me by Tuesday I’ll try to include it. Your input is appreciated.· Our website is back up and running. Be sure to bookmark our new address - www.OCRavensRoost44.com or go to our blog @ http://ravensroost44.blogspot.com/ for the latest news, notes and nuggets.
- Life is short. Focus on the good.
- COMING SOON – POOP MUSIC!