Roost #44 Poop
· From the Prez – The election for the 2018 Officers and Board of Directors will be held at the January 11th Roost Meeting. Thanks to Dennis and his Committee Joanne Faber and Rob Carpenter for volunteering for the Nomination Committee. We need more new members to volunteer for the offices and committees! Please think about getting involved!
· Dates to Remember:
o Tomorrow – Monthly Roost Meeting, 7:30pm, at OC360.
o Thursday, February 15 – Mini Golf Tournament (pending)
o Friday, June 1 – Scholarship Golf Tournament
· Apparel: We have some 20th Anniversary Apparel left if you missed out or would like to order more. Contact Eric Waterman - Eric_waterman@comcast.net or 410-598-4597.
· Drag Queen Comedy Show. I am hosting as a way to raise money for Believe in Tomorrow. I am waiting on some pictures to create a flyer but the information is as follows: Saturday, January 13th from 7-11 at the Pit & Pub. Tickets will cost $25. The bar will be offering happy hour prices and a discounted menu, plus there will be some light hors d’oeuvres included in the ticket cost. I am limited to 100 people and I have an overwhelming response for people wanting tickets. I believe this will sell out fast, so I wanted to give you the information. Once I create the flyer I will forward it to you as well, but wanted you to know that I am beginning to sell the tickets now. Thank you, Maria.
· Mini Golf Tournament: Tentative date and time - Thurs Feb 15, 2018; 7-9pm for golf, food & prizes later at Greene Turtle.
o Where: Golf at 136th St. indoor venue with beer, wine and soda before and during play
o Current status: If we do not get about 20 more signups for the we will have to cancel due to lack of interest and increased $$pp.
o Format: same as last year: Foursomes of 2 mixed teams of 2 (male/female) - projected cost $25-30pp based on head count.
o Sign up: Please do this at the January Roost meeting - prefer earlier by calling Ron 302-436-4790 or firstname.lastname@example.org so proper planning can be done + a commitment to Old Pro Golf.
· Good daily dose of Ravens news notes and nuggets here. It’s getting to the point where I can hardly stand ESPN, but I do go Jamison Hensley’s Blog here to stay up to date with all of the AFC North news.
· All the best Orioles news notes and nuggets at Britt's Bird Watch here.
- · Tonight - Winter Shopping Market - Shop Local Artists, The Shark on the Harbor Restaurant. Shop a selection of our area's talented local artists, boutiques and independent consultants! This reinvented event has become a locals tradition!
o Local Artists:
§ Kathy Denk; Kathy Denk Paints!
§ Wendy Helmuth; Knitting, painting and more treasures!
§ Penny Sperry; Made-by-hand– microwaveable bowl holders, make up brush / crochet hook rolls, & key fobs
§ Dana Smith; Swag Bags, jewelry and more! – featuring NEW jewelry made with precious metals & silver clay
§ Martin Brownson; Contemporary Tattoo Art and Original Paintings
§ From Jody Kelly Wright; The Shark on the Harbor
· Organic Beeswax and Coconut Oil Candles
· Hand Stitched Greeting Cards
· Nourishing Hand Sanitizer (organic and alcohol free)
o Independent Consultant:
§ Hollie Studds; DoTerra International Essential Oils. For sale: Essential oils, Diffusers, Hand blended roller balls and Hand Made Body Butter
o Wine Tasting & Wine Sale – Featuring unique varietals. Taste wines with Clint "Big Daddy" Dempsey
o Dinner Specials:
§ Wine and Small Bites
§ 1/2 Price Bottles of Wine
§ Full dinner menu also available
- · Friday - , Lighthouse Sound Restaurant. Burgers with Bob is Back! Every Friday night in January and February, Bob from Opposite Directions will be playing in our lounge from 6-9pm. A special burger menu will be available on these nights prepared by Chef Joel, plus we will have Happy Hour drinks specials from 4 - 7pm.
- · Friday thru Sunday - East Coast Commercial Fishermen's & Aquaculture Trade Expo - Mid-Atlantic Region, Roland E. Powell Convention Center. The only Commercial Fishing Expo in the Mid-Atlantic Region. Seminars, fishermen gear, equipment and more. Admission: $15. Hours: Friday: 11am - 5pm; Saturday: 10am - 5pm; Sunday: 10am - 3pm.
· Ninety-year-old Mr Tomkins went in for his annual checkup. When the doctor asked how he was feeling, he said, "Never been better! I've got an 18 year-old bride who's pregnant with my child! What do you think about that?"
The doctor considered this for a moment. "Let me tell you a story," he said. "I knew a guy who was an avid hunter. One day he went out in a hurry and accidentally grabbed his umbrella instead of his gun. He was in the woods and suddenly a grizzly bear appeared in front of him! He raised up his umbrella, pointed it at the bear, and squeezed the handle. And do you know what happened?"
"No," the old man said. "Tell me."
"The bear dropped dead in front of him!"
"That's impossible! Someone else must have shot that bear."
"That's kind of what I'm driving at," the doctor replied.
· Got poop? Let me know! I’m going to try to get this out every Wednesday so if you get it to me by Tuesday I’ll try to include it. Your input is appreciated.
· Our website is up and running. Be sure to bookmark our address - www.OCRavensRoost44.com or go to our blog @ http://ravensroost44.blogspot.com/ for the latest news, notes and nuggets.
· Life is short. Focus on the good.