Roost #44 Poop
· From the Prez – The next Roost Meeting has been moved to WEDNESDAY AUGUST 8 due to the Ravens preseason game on Thursday August 9 against the Rams in Baltimore. The Roost Meeting will be held the night before the game at OC 360 at 7:30. Please show up to help us kick off our new season. Remember you can go straight into our meeting room and order food. You don't have to go to the bar to order food and drinks.
Marc Grimes is stepping down as Chairman of the Golf Scholarship Committee. I would like to begin a discussion with Roost members who would like to try to continue the Roost #44 Golf Scholarship event, about whether we will continue to host this event. Whatever, we decide, every Roost member should give Marc a great big 'Thank You' for his years of building this event into one of Ocean City's major fund raising events. I personally hope we can carry on Marc's legacy and continue the tournament and the funds it generates for outstanding local graduating seniors.
Please think about stepping up to volunteer for Board and Officer positions and the Golf Scholarship Committee next year. Don't hesitate to contact me if you have any questions about the responsibilities for any of these positions. or 410-598-4597.
Remember that your Roost Membership card entitles you to a 20% discount on food, beverage & apparel purchases at the Original Greene Turtle (116th St.). We encourage all Roost members and committees to patronize the Original Greene Turtle!
Remember that we collect plastic grocery bags at every Roost meeting. These bags are used by Diakonia (Local Food Bank & Homeless Shelter) to distribute food contributions to the needy. My white Ford pickup truck is parked in front of OC 360 at every Roost meeting. Simply put your plastic bags (tied up tightly) in the bed of the truck. This is a great way to recycle plastic bags for a good cause.
· Dates to Remember:
o 9/1 – Entertainment Committee Meeting
o 8/2 – Hall of Fame Game, Bears & Ravens, in Canton, 8pm. So it begins…
o 8/8 – Monthly Roost Meeting, 7:30pm @ OC 360.
o 8/9 – First home preseason game against the Rams, 7:30pm.
o 9/12 – Booze Cruise
· Membership: Thank you everyone for paying your yearly dues. I am still accepting dues. Susan Berterman, 32612 Falling Point Road, Dagsboro Delaware 19939.
· Road Trip: Bus Trip to Charlotte: Trip to Charlotte finalized, all rooms are booked, tickets ordered. Panthers’ ticket office says the tickets will be ,ailed out “sometime” in August. Marian is working on securing a place to go after the game to celebrate our win. Positive thinking! Thanks, Donna.
· Apparel: 20th Anniversary Gear in Stock! There a few 20th Anniversary T shirts, Hoodies and Long Sleeve Shirts available in three colors - Black, Purple and Gray. Call me at if you're interested. Thanks, Eric.
· Ticket Exchange:
o 2 Raven PSL's in section 503 isle seats for sale, negotiable. He can be reached at 410-913-4700. (Chad Baker)
· Penguin Swim: Wednesday Sept 12th. OC RR44 2018 Bar-Hop Cruise to benefit the Ravens Roost #44 Penguin Swim Team in support of the Atlantic General Hospital Penguin Swim. ALL MONEY RAISED IS DONATED TO AGH. Meet at MR Ducks. HH prices on food and drinks till 6pm. 5:45pm board “The Explorer”. Boat leaves PROMPTLY at 6pm Will return about 10 pm. Cash bar on boat. Itinerary will be available soon, but last stop will be Sunset Grill. LIMITED TO 65 PEOPLE. This sells out fast so please sign up early. Send an email to; to reserve a spot.
o Tentative Entertainment Schedule 2018
§ Entertainment Committee Meeting August 1 @ the Original Greene Turtle, 12pm.
§ September 29 – Crab Feast
§ November ? – Harrington Bus Trip
§ December 7 – Christmas Party
o Potential Activities Under Discussion
§ Bus Trip to Canton
§ Duckaneer Cruise
§ Pub Crawl Kent Island
§ Eastern Shore Ghost Bus Tour
· Good daily dose of Ravens news notes and nuggets here. It’s getting to the point where I can hardly stand ESPN, but I do go Jamison Hensley’s Blog here to stay up to date with all of the AFC North news.
· All the best Orioles news notes and nuggets at Britt's Bird Watch here.
· Now thru Labor Day - - Lasers, lights, video, music and special effects, The Beach at North Division Street. Returning to Ocean City this summer is the fun and exciting free event for the entire family, OC Beach Lights Spectacular!
Beach Lights will begin Memorial Day weekend and run nightly through Labor Day from 9pm to 11pm. Special 3-minute displays at 9:00pm, 9:20pm, 9:40pm, 10:00pm, 10:20pm, 10:40pm, and 11:00pm.
This lighting attraction features high-powered searchlights that accent the sky and surrounding area around N. Division Street and the Boardwalk. Searchlights move and sway, creating a dance of light to musical selections played through boardwalk speakers. The lights change into a variety of colors, bathing the surrounding beachscape and boardwalk in vibrant colors.
· Tonight - - Carousel Resort Hotel and Condominiums. Enjoy free movies on the beach in Ocean City Maryland every Wednesday from June 6 to August 29 at the Carousel Hotel on 117th St. in Ocean City MD. Each week, a general audience movie is presented free of charge on our 16 foot projector. Bring a beach chair or blanket & enjoy the night beside the ocean. Movie starts at dusk. For more information, call 800-626-2326.
Save the Date - Complete Season Schedule:
o August 1: Leap
o August 8: Justice League
o August 15: Cars 3
o August 22: Moana
o August 29: Wonder Woman
· Tomorrow - , S. Division St. & the Bay. Enjoy free concerts in Ocean City Maryland in Sunset Park every Thursday in July and August from 7pm - 9pm. Sunset Park Party Nights provides a perfect outdoor setting overlooking the bay in Ocean City MD. Bring a chair and watch the sunset as you listen to great live music. Sunset Park is located along South Division Street between Philadelphia Avenue and the Bay, next to the US Coast Guard Station in downtown Ocean City MD. All concert admissions and parking are free and open to the public. Beverages, including beer, are available for purchase. Please bring your own chair.
o Aug 2 - British Invasion Experience (Beatles Tribute Band)
o Aug 9 - Lower Case Blues (Blues / Rock)
o Aug 16 - Tranzfusion (Classic Rock)
o Aug 23 - The Beach Bumz (Tropical Rock)
o Aug 30 - The Swell Fellas (R&B / Funk / Soul)
For more information, call 410-289-7739.
· Tomorrow - , Ocean Pines Association Inc
o Aug 2 – Blind Wind
o Aug 9 – Full Circle
o Aug 16 – Prime Time
o Aug 23 – Opposite Directions
Bring lawn chairs and the whole family for an evening of music in White Horse Park. BYOB allowed. Concessions will be available. Concerts are children friendly: there is a playground right at the park! Free Admission!
· Tomorrow – Freeman Stage @ Bayside – Gin Blossoms, 7:30pm, $30-$45. The Gin Blossoms have undoubtedly left their mark on the rock music map. The Grammy-nominated band's fusion of melodic rock, pop, folk and country elements has helped pave the way for the modern rock of today. Fans around the world are very familiar with Gin Blossoms’ five-time Platinum breakthrough album New Miserable Experience, containing gems like “Until I Fall Away,” “Found Out About You,” “Hey Jealousy” and “Allison Road.” Those hit tracks were followed up by the Empire Records Platinum Soundtrack hit, “Til I Hear It From You.” In 1996, the singles “Follow You Down” and “As Long As It Matters,” hit the radio again in a huge way, making their "Congratulations I’m Sorry" record another platinum success. Gin Blossoms hits have crossed over in five different formats, taking the airwaves by siege, and held the MTV playlist captive for most of the '90s. Boasting record sales of over 10 million, the band continues to burn up the road performing over 120 tour dates per year as they ready a brand new record release in Summer 2018. Don’t miss all these great hit songs, a sampling of new music, and a rockin’ the house down show. This performance will offer limited Premium Assigned Seating tickets and General Admission tickets. Tickets are required for all patrons, including infants and toddlers.
· Friday – Freeman Stage @ Bayside – The Beach Boys, 7:30pm, $40-$75. You can capsulize most pop music acts by reciting how many hits they’ve had and how many millions of albums they’ve sold. But these conventional measurements fall short when you’re assessing the impact of The Beach Boys. This band has birthed a torrent of hit singles and sold albums by the tens of millions. But its greater significance lies in the fact that it changed the musical landscape so profoundly that every pop act since has been in its debt.
The Beach Boys are led by Mike Love and Bruce Johnston, who, along with Jeffrey Foskett, Christian Love, Tim Bonhomme, John Cowsill, Keith Hubacher, Christian Love and Scott Totten continue the legacy of the iconic American band.
Grammy-winning songwriter Bruce Johnston, joined The Beach Boys in 1965, replacing Glenn Campbell, who filled in for Brian Wilson, on vocals/bass, when he retired from touring. Highly regarded in his field, Johnston’s vocal work with such legendary artists as Elton John and Pink Floyd firmly established him among rock’s elite artists. Captained by Mike Love, The Beach Boys play an astoundingly busy schedule of concerts, averaging 150 shows a year, ranging from sundrenched summer festivals to gala New Year’s celebrations and special events across the globe.
For VIP Packages and more visit MikeLove.com. Tickets required for all patrons, including infants and toddlers. No re-entry permitted. Seats are provided in assigned seating section. Seats are not provided or permitted in Standing Room Only section.
· Saturday – Freeman Stage @ Bayside – Classic Albums Live: Rolling Stones, Sticky Fingers, 7pm, $25. Classic Albums Live takes classic albums from the '60s and '70s and recreates those albums live on stage — note for note, cut for cut. Using the world's best musicians, fans are treated to an exact replication of the album followed by a second set of the featured artist's greatest hits. Musicians are chosen according to their sound and their fit into a particular niche, be it Queen, Pink Floyd, The Beatles, or The Stones. The album might require a sitar player, a children's choir, a string quartet or someone to ring the alarm clock. Whatever it takes, the musicians treat these revered albums like a score — the way a symphony orchestra treats Mozart. Children age 12 & under are granted free entry to this performance. BYOC- Bring Your Own Chair.
· Sunday - , Somerset Plaza between the Boardwalk and Baltimore Ave. Enjoy viewing classic cars while listening to live music in Ocean City Maryland. OC Cruzers will display approximately 15 vehicles along Somerset Street Plaza. The owners of the vehicles will supervise and educate spectators about their older cars. Live music or DJ will be provided. Select Sundays 2:30pm to 6pm. For more information, call 410-289-7739 or visit . Music Schedule TBA.
Save the Dates:
· Aug 12
· Sep 9, 23
· Sunday - - Northside Park. Sundaes in the Park is the ultimate free family event in Ocean City Maryland. Outdoor live music, children's activities, ice cream and fireworks provided every Sunday from 7pm - 9pm during the summer. Fireworks start at 9pm. What could be better?
Bring your picnic basket and beach chairs to Northside Park, located at 125th Street and the Bay for ice cream sundaes, live entertainment, children's activities and fireworks. All entertainment is free. Create your own ice cream sundae with delicious toppings for a small price. Listen to your musical favorites and watch the sunset over the beautiful Ocean City bay. For more information call 410-250-0125.
Summer 2018 Schedule - Save the Dates!
o August 5 - The Janitors (music for happy feel)
o August 12 - Front Page News (rock)
o August 19 - Jesse Garron's Tribute to Elvis
o August 26 - Ragdoll (Frankie Valli Tribute)
o September 2 - Triple Trail Turn (modern country)
· Monday – Freeman Stage @ Bayside – An Evening with the Piano Guys, 7:30pm, $45-$90. Hailing from Utah, The Piano Guys became an Internet sensation by way of their series of strikingly original self-made music videos. They’ve made over 65 since joining forces in early 2011, including their hit video, an innovative 10-handed version of One Direction’s “What Makes You Beautiful.” But it’s the Guys’ original blend of classical music with pop that brought them to their major label self-titled debut album released in 2012. This release was followed by their sophomore album, "The Piano Guys 2," holiday album, "A Family Christmas," "Wonders," "The Piano Guys Live!" and recently released "Uncharted" album all available. The Guys include piano player Jon Schmidt, instrumentalist Steven Sharp Nelson as well as Paul Anderson and Al van der Beek. Tickets required for all patrons, including infants and toddlers. No re-entry permitted. Seats are provided.
· Monday & Friday - The Beach on 27th Street. Enjoy free movies on the beach at 27th St. in Ocean City Maryland every Monday and Friday from June 25 to August 17. Each week, a general audience movie is presented free of charge on our 16 foot projector. Bring a beach chair or blanket & enjoy the night beside the ocean. Movie starts around 8:30 p.m. For more information, call 410-250-0125.
Save the Date - Complete Season Schedule:
o August 3: Wall-E
o August 6: Wonder
o August 10: Big Hero 6
o August 13: Sherlock Gnomes
o August 17: CoCo
· Monday thru Friday - White Marlin Open - World's Largest & Richest Billfish Tournament, Harbour Island Marina. Join us for the 45th Annual White Marlin Open from August 6 - August 10, 2018. The fish are spectacular and the prizes are huge — totaling more than $2 million. It's the World's Largest and Richest Billfish Tournament — held in the White Marlin Capital of the World. This year the stakes are high with a record crushing $4, 450,000 purse and 1,412 fish caught in 2016. Prizes are also awarded for the largest blue marlin, tuna, mahi-mahi (dolphin fish), wahoo and shark. See if you have what it takes to catch the winning white marlin and register today. Spectators are welcome to watch, as 300+ boats from Florida to New England take more than 1,500 of the world's best anglers out to pursue some of America's largest fish. Then check out the spectacular weigh-ins every evening from 4:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. at Harbour Island Marina, 14th Street and the bay. NOTE: Parking is not available at Harbour Island. The Presbyterian Church on 14th Street, just a block away, offers parking for a small donation. You can also park free at the Ocean City Convention Center, then catch a shuttle to the weigh-ins.
· Tuesday - , On the Beach at 27th St. Family Beach Olympics are back by popular demand! Bring the whole family out for these fun-filled activities. All skill levels welcome! Activities include sand castle contests, tug-of-war, relay games and more. All activities are free! Parents are asked to stay with their children. For more information, call Denise Ortega at 410-250-0125. Tuesdays from June 26 to August 14 at 27th Street Beach from 6:30pm to 8:30pm.
· Tuesday - , On the Beach at the Caroline Street Stage. Let's Dance! Bring the family for a fun, free dance party every Tuesday from 8pm - 9:30pm during July and August on the beach at Caroline Street in Ocean City MD. Family friendly dance music will be played by local Ocean City DJs on the Caroline Street Stage, just off the Ocean City Boardwalk. Join in the crowd dancing on the beach! Bring your friends, beach chair and blanket and head to downtown Ocean City Maryland for good music and fun times.
o August 7: DJ Batman (OC's Legendary DJ)
o August 14: DJ BK (from 97.1 the Wave)
o August 21: DJ Batman (OC's Legendary DJ)
o August 28: Bitsune (European DJ Duo)
For more information, please contact the Ocean City Recreation and Park Department at 410-250-0125 or the Ocean City Visitors Cener at 800-626-2326. Please consider using public transportation as parking is limited in the downtown area.
· "I'd like to buy some gloves for my wife," the young man said, eyeing the attractive salesgirl. "But I don't know her size."
"Will this help?" she asked sweetly, placing her hand in his.
"Why yes," he answered. "Her hands are just slightly smaller than yours."
"Will there be anything else?" the salesgirl queried as she wrapped the gloves.
"Now that you mention it," he replied, "she also needs a bra."
· Got poop? Let me know! I’m going to try to get this out every Wednesday so if you get it to me by Tuesday I’ll try to include it. Your input is appreciated.
· Our website is up and running. Be sure to bookmark our address - www.OCRavensRoost44.com or go to our blog @ http://ravensroost44.blogspot.com/ for the latest news, notes and nuggets.
· Life is short. Focus on the good.