Roost #44 Poop
· From the Prez –
Due to the second Thursday of February falling on Valentine’s Day, February 14th, the next meeting of the Roost has been rescheduled to THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 7th AT 7:30 AT OC 360.
The election of officers and Board members was held at the January 10th Roost meeting. The results of the election were:
President Eric Waterman
Vice President Donna Chaplinski
Treasurer Sandy Taras
Recording Secretary Kim Bankard
Sergeant of Arms Igor Gawryluk
Corresponding Secretary Ken Taras
Board of Directors:
Chairman of the Board Larry Gerst
3 Year Term Tony Chaplinski
2 Year Term Rich Hansen
2 Year Term Matt Herrmann
1 Year Term Ron Apperson
In accordance with the By Laws, a Transition Meeting is scheduled for Monday January 28 at 5:30 PM at the Original Greene Turtle. All new Board members, all new officers, as well as all outgoing Board members and officers are requested to attend. We will serve food and beverages at the meeting. Please let me know directly whether you can or cannot attend the Transition Meeting. (ONLY New Officers and Board Members and Outgoing Officers and Board Members are invited)
The next meeting of the Scholarship/Golf Committee is scheduled for Monday, January 21 at 5:30 at the Original Greene Turtle. All members are invited to attend as we organize the mailings and a strategy to connect with organizations and persons that we will be soliciting funds and contributions. All members are welcome to attend even if you decide not to join the committee.
· Dates to Remember:
o 1/21 – Scholarship/Golf Committee Meeting
o 1/28 – Transition Meeting
o 2/7 – Monthly Roost Meeting
o 2/21 – Mini Golf Tournament
· Membership: I will not be at the February Roost meeting. Please mail your dues to: Susan Berterman, 32612 Falling Point Road, Dagsboro Delaware 19939. Still only $30 per year.
o Entertainment Schedule 2019:
§ Thursday Feb. 21st 3rd Annual Mini Golf Tournament - Plans are in process and will proceed if sufficient interest is shown. Venue will be Old Pro Indoor course on 136th St. from 7 - 9pm for play + 9 - 10pm at Original Greene Turtle for food and prizes. Drinks there are on your own.
This event is open to family and friends (no minors please) because we need at least 36 players to make this work. As usual there will be beer, wine, soda and water while we play and includes a food spread after play while scores are checked and prizes are awarded. Cost will be $28pp, cash or check payable to Ron Apperson (possible rebate or higher prizes depending on no. of players).
A signup sheet will be available at the Jan and Feb meetings. Since only 6 signed up at the Dec meeting; anyone not able to be at the Jan meeting, please signup by calling Ron (302-436-4790) or email .
Payment deadline will be the Feb 14th meeting but earlier would be appreciated so we can be sure about arranging the food and buying the drinks. A co - chairman to help Ron is desired now to facilitate someone new doing the event next year.
§ Potential Activities Under Discussion
· Bus Trip to Canton
· Duckaneer Cruise
· Pub Crawl Kent Island
· Good daily dose of Ravens news notes and nuggets here. It’s getting to the point where I can hardly stand ESPN, but you can go here to stay up to date with all of the AFC North news.
· Out and about and can’t watch the game? You can listen to the Ravens on the radio! (I know, right?) Go here for the list of affiliates.
· Follow all the Orioles news on MASN from columnist Roch Kubatko.
· Friday, Saturday, & Sunday – East Coast Commercial Fishermen's & Aquaculture Trade Expo, Roland E. Powell Convention Center. Join us for the only commercial fishing exposition in the Mid-Atlantic Region. The expo includes seminars, fisherman gear, equipment, and more! Each year thousands of commercial fishermen, charter boat captains, aquaculturists, scientists, educators, and fishing enthusiasts from Maine to Florida enjoy the show. Admission fee is $15.00.
· Tuesday - Beach Blanket Blood Drive - Blood Bank of Delmarva, Roland E. Powell Convention Center. With this one blood drive, residents of Ocean City and surrounding communities can help supply the blood needs of the hospitals on the shore during a critical time of year. Because the need for blood remains constant to ensure an adequate supply for patients during the winter, donors of all blood types are urged to make an appointment. Schedule your appointment by calling 888-825-6638 or schedule online. Every blood donation will support help the Blood Bank of Delmarva save 20,000 Delmarva lives this year.
The other day I saw an amazing football game:
1) The player's hair fit under their helmets.
2) No tattoos could be seen.
3) There were no outlandish end zone celebrations.
4) There was no taunting.
5) Opposition players helped each other up after a play.
6) Footballs were not spiked or left for the referee to retrieve; they were handed to the referee.
7) No one took a knee on the sidelines.
9) Players stood at attention during the playing of the national anthem.
10) It's great to watch an Army - Navy football game.
· Got Poop? Let me know! I’m going to try to get this out every Wednesday so if you get it to me by Tuesday I’ll try to include it. Your input is appreciated.
· Our website is up and running. Be sure to bookmark our address - www.OCRavensRoost44.com or go to our blog @ http://ravensroost44.blogspot.com/ for the latest news, notes and nuggets.
· Life is short. Focus on the good.