Roost #44 Poop
· From the Prez –
What a game against the Browns! Now time to BEAT THE CHARGERS AGAIN!
The Nominating Committee Chair Bob Munroe announced the candidates for the Board and Officers at the December 14th Roost meeting. The election will be held at the January 10, 2019 Roost meeting. There are currently no candidates for President.
The following positions will be voted on at the January 10th meeting:
Open- No candidates. We need volunteers to step up.
Chairman of the Board
Board of Directors. 2 Year Term/ Vote for two
The remaining positions Vice President, Treasurer, Recording Secretary, Sergeant of Arms, and Corresponding Secretary, have no opposition and will not be subject to a vote.
2019 Golf Scholarship Committee Meeting January 3, 2019 at the Greene Turtle at 5:30. Come and check out whether its something you would like to get involved with. Marc Grimes was presented with a special recognition for his many years of leadership at our Roost meeting on December 14th. Thanks again Marc for all the time and leadership that you donated over the years.
· Dates to Remember:
o 1/3 – Scholarship Golf Committee Meeting
o 1/9 – Entertainment Committee Meeting
o 1/10 – Monthly Roost Meeting
o 2/21 – Mini Golf Tournament
· Membership: Thank you everyone for paying your yearly dues. I am still accepting dues. Susan Berterman, 32612 Falling Point Road, Dagsboro Delaware 19939.
· Playoff Bus: I will be running a bus for the playoff game next Sunday-the game is at 1:05. The cost is $40 a seat. Note: Tickets to the game as of today are running $105 including handling charges. Please contact me if you would like to purchase a seat(s) on the bus. Happy New Year to all of you and go Ravens!!! Mike. 410.251.6821
o Entertainment committee meeting 1/9, 11am, at the Original Greene Turtle.
o Entertainment Schedule 2018:
§ Thursday Feb. 21st 3rd Annual Mini Golf Tournament - Plans are in process and will proceed if sufficient interest is shown. Venue will be Old Pro Indoor course on 136th St. from 7 - 9pm for play + 9 - 10pm at Original Greene Turtle for food and prizes. Drinks there are on your own.
This event is open to family and friends (no minors please) because we need at least 36 players to make this work. As usual there will be beer, wine, soda and water while we play and includes a food spread after play while scores are checked and prizes are awarded. Cost will be $28pp, cash or check payable to Ron Apperson (possible rebate or higher prizes depending on no. of players).
A signup sheet will be available at the Jan and Feb meetings. Since only 6 signed up at the Dec meeting; anyone not able to be at the Jan meeting, please signup by calling Ron (302-436-4790) or email .
Payment deadline will be the Feb 14th meeting but earlier would be appreciated so we can be sure about arranging the food and buying the drinks. A co - chairman to help Ron is desired now to facilitate someone new doing the event next year.
§ Potential Activities Under Discussion
· Bus Trip to Canton
· Duckaneer Cruise
· Pub Crawl Kent Island
· Good daily dose of Ravens news notes and nuggets here. It’s getting to the point where I can hardly stand ESPN, but you can go here to stay up to date with all of the AFC North news.
· Out and about and can’t watch the game? You can listen to the Ravens on the radio! (I know, right?) Go here for the list of affiliates.
· The Orioles have a new manager, Brandon Hyde! Follow all the Orioles news on MASN from columnist Roch Kubatko.
· Tonight – A special PLAYOFF EDITION of RAVENS RAP, 6pm, at the Original Greene Turtle. Yes, the SZLAS WILL BE THERE! Says Steve: I’m getting tired of seeing all these predictions from people who don’t know the Ravens. The Ravens are focused, healthy, tough to stop on offense, the number one defense in the league & tough at home! This is just another hurdle Lamar must face. First, it was,“You can’t run in this league” then, “He can’t win on the Road!” Now it’s, “Lamar can’t win against a team that’s seen him before!” He has jumped each hurdle as it’s been presented & I see no reason to think he won’t jump this! Bottom Line, Raven’s 31-Chargers 27! See You tonight, Raven’s Steve.
· One Monday morning a postman is walking the neighborhood on his usual route. As he approaches one of the homes, he noticed that both cars were in the driveway. His wonder was cut short by Bob, the homeowner, coming out with a load of empty beer and liquor bottles.
"Wow Bob, looks like you guys had one hell of a party last night," the postman comments.
Bob in obvious pain replies, "Actually we had it Saturday night. This is the first I have felt like moving since 4:00 am Sunday morning. We had about fifteen couples from around the neighborhood over for Christmas Cheer and it got a bit wild. We got so drunk around midnight that we started playing 'Who Am I.'
The postman thinks a moment and says, "How do you play that?"
“Well, all the guys go in the bedroom and we come out one at a time with a sheet covering us and only our "privates" showing through a hole in the sheet. Then the women try to guess who it is."
The mailman laughs and says, "Damn, I'm sorry I missed that."
"Probably a good thing you did," Bob responds. "Your name came up four or five times."
· Got Poop? Let me know! I’m going to try to get this out every Wednesday so if you get it to me by Tuesday I’ll try to include it. Your input is appreciated.
· Our website is up and running. Be sure to bookmark our address - www.OCRavensRoost44.com or go to our blog @ http://ravensroost44.blogspot.com/ for the latest news, notes and nuggets.
· Life is short. Focus on the good.