Roost #44 Poop
· From the Prez –
Don't miss the next Roost meeting on Thursday January 10th at OC 360. Elections for officers and Board members will be held. Thanks to Nominating Chair Bob Munroe and his committee- Ron Kolarik and Donna Chaplinski for volunteering for the Nominating Committee!
Ravens Roost #44 Election of Members
Chairman of the Board: 3 year term; vote for one
o Larry Gerst
o Gary Miller
Board Member: 1 year term; vote for one
o Ron Apperson (unopposed)
Board Members: 2 year term; vote for two
o Rob Carpenter
o Rich Hansen
o Matt Herrmann
o Tom Maly
o Trish Neal
· Board Members: 3 year term; vote for one
o Tony Chaplinski (unopposed)
· Ravens Roost #44 officers:
o President: Eric Waterman (unopposed)
o Vice President: Donna Chaplinski (unopposed)
o Recording Secretary: Kim Bankard (unopposed)
o Corresponding Secretary: Ken Taras (unopposed)
o Treasurer: Sandy Taras (unopposed)
o Sergeant of Arms: Igor Gawryluk (unopposed)
The winner of the handmade Roost #44 Quilt that Martha Worthington made will be drawn the January 10th meeting.
It's that time of year again unfortunately. Time to:
1. Root AGAINST the team you hate the most still in the playoffs.
2. Dream of the NFL Draft.
3. Wonder who will come be back and who will be gone in 2019.
4. Where will Joe Flacco be in 2019?
Do NOT bring plastic bags the next Roost meeting, I won't have my truck available.
· Dates to Remember:
o 1/9 – Entertainment Committee Meeting
o 1/10 – Monthly Roost Meeting
o 1/21 – Golf/Scholarship Meeting
o 2/21 – Mini Golf Tournament
· Membership: I will be collecting 2019 dues at the January meeting. Still 0nly $30 per year. Susan Berterman, 32612 Falling Point Road, Dagsboro Delaware 19939.
· Penguin Swim: The OC Ravens Roost #44 Penguin Swim Team would like to thank all of those members that supported our fundraising efforts throughout the past year and especially those that came out to the Princess Royale to cheer us on. Thanks to that support, the Team raised over $16,000 for our local hospital.
This was the 25th annual AGH Penguin Swim and the 11th year in a row that our Roost participated in the event. In addition to the regular crew, we had a few new members join us this year which made it even more fun! It was also the largest amount we have raised to date, winning us first place in the "Community Organization" category.
In addition to receiving a trophy, the Team won a large can of Fisher's popcorn and some of Doll's famous candy which will be available for members to sample during our January meeting.
A special thanks goes out to the local businesses that supported our efforts. They are listed on the attached Thank You ad that will run in this week’s Bayside Gazette. Please be sure to support them throughout the year!
Thank you for your support! Sincerely, Rob Carpenter, John Worthington, Tom Maly, Bill Cordwell, Dennis Faber, Joanne Faber, Cindi Brought, Lew Furman, Maggie Miller, Gary Miller, Carol Munroe, Nancy Delesio, Bob Dalesio, Mike Eder, Kim Eder & member emeritus, Paul Neal.
o Entertainment committee meeting 1/9, 1pm, at the Original Greene Turtle.
o Entertainment Schedule 2018:
§ Thursday Feb. 21st 3rd Annual Mini Golf Tournament - Plans are in process and will proceed if sufficient interest is shown. Venue will be Old Pro Indoor course on 136th St. from 7 - 9pm for play + 9 - 10pm at Original Greene Turtle for food and prizes. Drinks there are on your own.
This event is open to family and friends (no minors please) because we need at least 36 players to make this work. As usual there will be beer, wine, soda and water while we play and includes a food spread after play while scores are checked and prizes are awarded. Cost will be $28pp, cash or check payable to Ron Apperson (possible rebate or higher prizes depending on no. of players).
A signup sheet will be available at the Jan and Feb meetings. Since only 6 signed up at the Dec meeting; anyone not able to be at the Jan meeting, please signup by calling Ron (302-436-4790) or email .
Payment deadline will be the Feb 14th meeting but earlier would be appreciated so we can be sure about arranging the food and buying the drinks. A co - chairman to help Ron is desired now to facilitate someone new doing the event next year.
§ Potential Activities Under Discussion
· Bus Trip to Canton
· Duckaneer Cruise
· Pub Crawl Kent Island
· Good daily dose of Ravens news notes and nuggets here. It’s getting to the point where I can hardly stand ESPN, but you can go here to stay up to date with all of the AFC North news.
· Out and about and can’t watch the game? You can listen to the Ravens on the radio! (I know, right?) Go here for the list of affiliates.
· The Orioles have a new manager, Brandon Hyde! Follow all the Orioles news on MASN from columnist Roch Kubatko.
· Friday – Fundraiser @ the Original Greene Turtle to support families of fallen police officers, 6-9pm. $10pp includes buffet.
· A man was driving down the road. He passed a traffic camera and saw it flash. Astounded that he had been caught speeding when he was under the speed limit, he turned around and, going even slower, he passed by the camera. Again, he saw it flash. He couldn't believe it! So he turned and, going at snail's pace, he passed the camera. AGAIN, he saw the camera flash. He guessed it must have a fault, and home he went.
Four weeks later he received 3 traffic fines in the mail, all for not wearing a seatbelt.
· Got Poop? Let me know! I’m going to try to get this out every Wednesday so if you get it to me by Tuesday I’ll try to include it. Your input is appreciated.
· Our website is up and running. Be sure to bookmark our address - www.OCRavensRoost44.com or go to our blog @ http://ravensroost44.blogspot.com/ for the latest news, notes and nuggets.
· Life is short. Focus on the good.