Roost #44 Poop
· From the Prez –
Due to the second Thursday of February falling on Valentine’s Day, February 14th, the next meeting of the Roost has been rescheduled to THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 7th AT 7:30 AT OC 360.
The election of officers and Board members was held at the January 10th Roost meeting. The results of the election were:
President Eric Waterman
Vice President Donna Chaplinski
Treasurer Sandy Taras
Recording Secretary Kim Bankard
Sergeant of Arms Igor Gawryluk
Corresponding Secretary Ken Taras
Board of Directors:
Chairman of the Board Larry Gerst
3 Year Term Tony Chaplinski
2 Year Term Rich Hansen
2 Year Term Matt Herrmann
1 Year Term Ron Apperson
In accordance with the By Laws, a Transition Meeting is scheduled for Monday January 28 at 5:30 PM at the Original Greene Turtle. All new Board members, all new officers, as well as all outgoing Board members and officers are requested to attend. We will serve food and beverages at the meeting. Please let me know directly whether you can or cannot attend the Transition Meeting. (ONLY New Officers and Board Members and Outgoing Officers and Board Members are invited)
The meeting of the Scholarship Tournament Committee scheduled for Monday, January 21st at 5:30 at the Original Greene Turtle has been rescheduled to Tuesday, January 29th at 5:30 at the Original Greene Turtle. If you have any questions, call Eric Waterman at 410-598-4597.
· Dates to Remember:
o 1/28 – Transition Meeting
o 1/29 – Scholarship/Golf Committee Meeting
o 2/6 – Entertainment Committee Meeting
o 2/7 – Monthly Roost Meeting
· Membership: I will not be at the February Roost meeting. Please mail your dues to: Susan Berterman, 32612 Falling Point Road, Dagsboro Delaware 19939. Still only $30 per year.
§ Entertainment meeting 2/6, 1pm, at the Original Greene Turtle.
o Entertainment Schedule 2019:
§ Thursday Feb. 21st 3rd Annual Mini Golf Tournament – This event has been canceled due to lack of interest.
§ Potential Activities Under Discussion
· Bus Trip to Canton
· Duckaneer Cruise
· Pub Crawl Kent Island
· Good daily dose of Ravens news notes and nuggets here. It’s getting to the point where I can hardly stand ESPN, but you can go here to stay up to date with all of the AFC North news.
· Out and about and can’t watch the game? You can listen to the Ravens on the radio! (I know, right?) Go here for the list of affiliates.
· Follow all the Orioles news on MASN from columnist Roch Kubatko.
· Sunday & Wednesday, the 30th – , Sun & Surf Cinema. The Wizard of Oz plays at Sun and Surf Cinemas for a special two day anniversary event. Watch a young Judy Garland star as Dorothy Gale. A young woman learns a virtuous lesson from the "Great-And-Powerful Oz" after battling adventures throughout the yellow brick road.
· A nice, calm and respectable lady went into the pharmacy, walked up to the pharmacist, looked straight into his eyes and said, "I would like to buy some cyanide."
The pharmacist asked, "Why in the world do you need cyanide?"
The lady replied, "I need it to poison my husband."
The pharmacist's eyes got big and he exclaimed, "Lord have mercy! I can't give you cyanide to kill your husband. Absolutely not! You CANNOT have any cyanide!"
The lady reached into her purse and pulled out a picture of her husband in bed with the pharmacist's wife.
The pharmacist looked at the picture and said, "You didn't tell me you had a prescription."
· Got Poop? Let me know! I’m going to try to get this out every Wednesday so if you get it to me by Tuesday I’ll try to include it. Your input is appreciated.
· Our website is up and running. Be sure to bookmark our address - www.OCRavensRoost44.com or go to our blog @ http://ravensroost44.blogspot.com/ for the latest news, notes and nuggets.
· Life is short. Focus on the good.