Thursday, May 17, 2012

Cruisin' Weekend!

I love Cruisin' weekend!  In honor, I wanna post a picture of my first car...it actually not my actual car, but a picture I found on the Internet that looks just like my first car, except mine had black interior:



It's a 1978 Carmine Red Z28.  I went to work when I was 15 at the Middleborough Inn and worked there all through high school.  I had use of my Dad's Plymouth station wagon for work and rode the bus to school (really!).  By the time I graduated I had saved enough to buy her.  It was used and a year old but beautiful.  I think it cost $5995.  Then one day a lady in a big Cadillac smashed into her and drove her into a concrete bridge abutment (I wasn't in it...it's a long story).  Did $4200 worth of damage and it was in the shop for months...never was the same after that.  Then wife and baby came along and I needed a more practical family vehicle so I sold her.  It sure was nice though...


Enjoy Crusin' Weekend.  I'll be hanging around watching all the cars cruise up and down Coastal Highway.  If you see me say hi!

No comments: